Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Halloween!

This Halloween Curt was Frankenstein. He was not a fan of the costume because it went over his head, but after he realized that he got candy going from house to house. He was so excited. A few people let him pick out his own candy and he thought that was pretty cool. Then he got to pass out candy at Grandma's house and I think he liked that just as much as getting the candy. He would take a little bag of m&ms and place it carefully in each child's bucket. Then some teenagers came by and they had pillowcases instead of buckets and he just was not sure about putting the candy inside the pillowcases.

When we went to our ward trunk or treat everyone was giving out lots of extra candy, so they would hold the buckets out and let the kids take more than one treat. Curt quickly picked up on that and would grab as many as he could the first time.

I gave Curt a Pez dispenser that was a duck and I had him make the duck sound before I would give him a Pez. He says gack, gack. It's cute. Then he loves to hear the rooster that lives next to our church. He always does a sharp intake of breath imitating the rooster crow. Just this week he started making the sound of a monkey-ah, ah.


Miguel bought a new motorcycle and Curt absolutely loves it. He says, "Dada go. Vroom, vroom." He sits on the motorcycle and tries to rev the engine. It is really cute that he loves it so much.
We are planning to go to Chile for Christmas. I am excited for Curt to meet his family, but a little sad to not spend the holidays with mine. I can't complain though because Miguel spends every holiday with my family and is very happy and positive about it. It will be summer there, so maybe we will get to spend some time by the beach. Maybe I will finally get past the sick stage of pregnancy so that I will actually be able to enjoy the Chilean food this time. I had my first doctor appointment last Friday and the doctor thinks I may be more than 10 weeks along. He guessed somewhere between 12-14. So this week I am having an ultrasound to find out exactly how far along I am. But either way, I should be getting close to the point where I'm not so sensitive or sick. Hopefully I will have more good news soon!

1 comment:

Helena said...

Wow, so you're going for sure! Let me know if I can do anything.
I LOVED Curt's costume.
If you're 14 weeks you can find out what you're having in a couple of weeks. Crazy.