Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life as we know it...


It has been a really long time since I've updated my blog, so here's what's new:
I am 31 weeks, so I have 9 weeks left until May 7th. I don't know if my doctor will recommend waiting until the due date and since he told me at my last appointment that Bella's head was big, I don't know that I will be wanting to wait longer than necessary either.
I am unfortunately at the point where I wake up and can't get back to sleep because both of my hips are sore from all the extra weight.
The good news is that Curt is absolutely awesome! He is the sweetest little boy ever and I think he will be a great big brother.
Whenever I talk about the baby and point to my belly, he will show me his belly. I'm not sure if he thinks he has a baby in his belly or if he just thinks I'm crazy to think I have a baby in mine. He is so happy and loves to play with Jackie. He is always lining up his little animals. He has about 20 of them and they all have to be facing the same way. It has been good to help him with talking because he loves to tell me which animal it is and what it says and point out the tail or paw and since his speech is not his strongest area, this is good for us.
Today I went to lay down for a nap and Curt came to find me. He saw me in bed and climbed in bed next to me, laid his head on Miguel's pillow and pulled the covers up to his chin. It was so cute. Then he left and got some books and brought them back to bed and read stories to me. It was so funny. If I didn't look at the picture or comment on his book he would get upset and say, Mama! Mama! and then start telling me about the picture again.
As I am writing this, he is bringing in his animals and laying them on the bed. He brings them one at time, so it's a slow process. He really loves his animals. They get a daily bath right along with him.
Curt has also decided that he likes to walk up and down our scary stairs by himself which is a miracle. I've been worried about how I would carry Curt and Bella up the stairs at the same time, but Curt solved the problem for me. I've been realizing how big he is and how much fun he is to play with and I'm a little nervous because I think I've forgotten how much work new little babies are. I am really lucky to have such good help. Miguel and Curt will both be great.

2 comments:

A. Cobb Family said...

Oh im sooo excited for you! only 9 weeks! Curt sounds sooo cute. we will have to have a play date the next time i come out there.

Barbara said...

It sounds like Curt is so much fun! I can't wait until Denton is more interactive. Good luck with your last 9 weeks, I will be looking foreward to seeing Bella! hopefully next time we are in Utah We can get together! I still miss you guys and wish we lived closer! Tell Miguel we say "hello".